Spring is just round the corner
Well, this is what I told myself when I was smacked in the face with 14 inches of the white stuff this morning. And they say we can expect a few more inches before the day is over. Enough already!
Anyway, I keep positive that Spring really is just round the corner and that I will be rolling out the Daisy Dukes in no time.
I can’t look at anymore snow pics; it’s kind of depressing me. However, this one made me smile.
11 Things Challenge
So, I got challenged by another blogger to share 11 things about me. As I am bored of watching my husband shovel snow and I have baked my way into cake-hell on this snow day, I shall take time to share these answers with you, since, if you do live in Maryland, you’ll have some free time between snow shovelling to read this, and if you are in the UK, it will be a nice break from the incessant rain, you poor things 😦
1) What is your favorite time of day?
I have three favourite times of the day – when I get out of the shower and am all ready for the day, have got my head straight and feel refreshed; about 2pm in the afternoon when I am writing, having taught class, got my jobs done, and can spend some time being creative; and just before bed, because I generally feel that I am all accomplished and I totally love sleeping.
2) When are you most productive in your writing?
Oh, I think I just answered that – in the afternoon, although I have been known to write into the small hours of the night and get up first thing to write stuff, as it’s in my head and I just have to write it down! Not even time for a cuppa!
3) What are your goals for your blog?
I would love this blog to be picked up by the Guardian or the Huffington Post and for someone to pay me oodles of money for wearing Daisy Dukes and comparing and contrasting the UK and the USA forever and ever and ever.
4) Do you use Twitter to increase your blog’s reach?
Hmm, sometimes. I like Twitter, but I don’t love it. We have an awkward relationship, but sometimes we gel.
5) What is the coolest city you’ve been to for work or pleasure?
It’s a toss-up between London, NYC, Edinburgh and Prague. I love them all because they are vibrant and full of culture and character, but Edinburgh might just top it because of its Gothic darkness. I love that it oozes that from its back streets still. And haggis. I don’t got back to many places more than once, but I’ve been to Edinburgh three times and adored it every time.
6) If you could work in a different country, which one would you choose?
I’d work at a beach/book bar somewhere (no preference where that beach bar is, to be honest, as long as it’s hot), writing books, listening to my husband play guitar, watching my son play in the sand and surf, eat only fresh fish and fruit, do yoga on the beach at sunrise and sunset, and serve coffee to folks who want to come by and be creative and write and draw stuff and play music. Yes, I think I am somewhat living in a 1960s/70s fantasy world.
7) How many types of exercise do you do?
Gawd, bloody loads. I actually find it a bit boring when people waffle on about all the exercise they do. So, to confirm, I have done nothing on this snow day. Just been sitting here writing and eating muffins. But we all deserve a day off, right?
8) Do you practice yoga?
No, even tho in my head I would like to do it, as per question 6. Maybe it’s time to do take it up, though when I will fit it in, I have no idea.
9) Do you like cats or dogs or no pets?
All animals. Love them, love them. Squeeze them, cuddle them. Animals are therapeutic and have personalities, even if my husband does not think so. I saw the fish give him the finger for saying that the other day.
10) What is your favorite holiday?
Beach, city, culture, activity. I love them all. Holidays are, along with sleeping, pretty much the bestest thing on the planet.
11) Has the reason you started your blog changed?
No, it’s still about writing, and still about the journey, and still about having a laugh. It’s like my little baby, who has grown with me on this USA adventure. The question is, what will happen when I get back to the UK…?
Now I have to:
• Acknowledge the nominating blogger by linking back to their blog – thanks Angie at http://angiekozblogs.wordpress.com/
• Invite 11 more bloggers to take up the challenge and give them 11 questions to answer.
Okay, so, the nominees are…
My 11 questions are:
1. What advice would you give your brand new blogging self now?
2. What four words would you say to your 18 year old self?
3. What three things do you think define you as either a Brit or American?
4. Which TV show character are you and why?
5. Apocalypse Now or Mary Poppins?
6. Are white lies okay to tell? Please elaborate!
7. Whether you are a parent or not, what are the three most important things about raising a child?
8. Favourite swear word and why?
9. If you could have one super power what would it be?
10. Worst holiday experience ever.
11. Elevator pitch to the Huffington Post, no more than 30 words, for your blog…..