As I mentioned in my last blog, I get a little confuddled by state laws and how different they all are.
In fact, someone mentioned to me only last week that America was just a big place with lots of different countries (so, like, er, Europe) that call themselves states, and that the only thing that’s united about it is its love of fast food restaurants and all the states watch the same ‘crap TV’. Say what you will about that comment.
Anyhoo, take a look at some of the comments by AMERICANS on the previous blog. ‘Tis interesting folks!
What British People Know About American, and vice-versa
A recent Buzzfeed poll in the UK asked six questions of their staff about America.
These were the questions:
1) Who is the current vice president of the United States?
2) Name three signatories of the Declaration of Independence.
3) Name any two of the five Great Lakes.
4) Identify a state from its outline.
5) What is a nickel?
6) Name an NHL team.
So, I decided to ask some questions of American folks in the same vein. British folk – have a pop too, if you wish!
Take a butchers at these Qs and post your replies on the blog or at the Facebook page, or email me! I’ll get the answers and responses out next week. Should be a laugh!
What American People Know About Britain – The Quiz
1) Who is the current Deputy Prime Minister of the UK?
2) By whom and where was the Magna Carta sealed?
3) Name any two of the lakes in the Lake District.
4) Identify this county from its outline.
5) What is a quid?
6) Name a team from the Football League First Division.