Labor Day parade!
So, today is Labor Day which means it is a national holiday in the good ole USofA.
And I took a stroll in the Kensington parade with County Executive for Howard County, Ken Ulman, who is running to be the incoming Lt. Governor alongside Anthony Brown (current Lt. Governor for Maryland and who is running for Governor to take over from Martin O’Malley) .
Things I learned today in America:
1. American towns do parades most excellently.
2. I am used to saying ‘Lieutenant’ as in ‘lefftenant’ (the British way), not ‘lootenant’ (the American way).
3. American pride is a marvellous thing to behold.
4. Kensington in Maryland ain’t nothing like the UK Kensington (tho it is still v charming!)
5. Ken Ulman looks a little bit like Channing Tatum (his daughter, Maddie, told me this is a family joke….!)
Here’s some cool stuff from the parade….
And these are a few videos of the parade for your enjoyment/amusement 🙂
What is Labor Day all about in the USA?
It’s about enjoying time with friends and family over the holiday weekend whilst remembering the men and women who helped to pave the way for better wages, better working conditions and more opportunities for others in the USA.
Happy Labor Day peeps!