Wild West Show
So, let me tell y’all…we hit the Wild West Show in West Friendship, Maryland today and I had high hopes for some rocking cowboy shenanigans.
Those boys in leather chaps did me proud….. shoot outs, horse malarkey, cows drinking beer, travelling apothecaries, and people staying in character for EVERY conversation….
Today we felt like we were abosrbing real American traditions, and it also rang true that the cowboys are very proud of their history and culture. These guys take their stuff very, very seriously. For some this is a way of life, not just a hobby.
Some of the cool stuff I learned about hanging out in Wild West town:
1. A super new cowboy movie was shot on location in Maryland: http://www.one-eyedhorse.com )see Day of the Gun)
2. The Buffalo Soldiers are very cool, friendly dudes, who shared their own history with me, and who like watching UK ‘comedies’ Are You Being Served and Keeping up Appearances!
3. You can buy the best cowboy boots at Carol’s Western Wear, and it has the best shop frontage sign ever 🙂
4. I need to go to a ‘Dude Ranch‘ and be a cowgirl for a bit, even though I am rubbish at riding horses. But I love hanging out with cowboy dudes and wearing cowboy hats, and I figure someone has to cook the beans and polish the spurs… 🙂
5. There are hot cowboys and there are proper cowboys…..just sayin’!
Feast your eyes on this selection of Wild West pics:
Stupid is as stupid does…
It’s make your own mind up time about America and all those other countries that follow suit….
Yup, it sure is! Thanks for posting that article.
I, for one, like how open-minded you are Claire. You’re not afraid to get out there and experience things no matter how hokey it may seem.
I love a bit of hokey! 🙂